burning odor or sparks
Licensed Commercial Electricians in Ottawa
If you think you smell a burn from any outlet or switch, turn the power off at the electrical panel. There could be a number of reasons why this occurs and you should contact a qualified electrician to resolve the problem
A burning smell probably means the start of an electrical fire. Receptacles or electrical cords that are warm to the touch is another warning. Do not use the switch or outlet until you have resolved the problem.
Occasionally you will notice a small spark when you first plug in an appliance. If the spark is large or happens often, means you have a serious problem with the outlet, wiring or circuit. A popping sound usually means that a wire is loose.
Don’t attempt to fix this yourself. Contact an electrician who can discover the source of the problem and remedy it with appropriate safety procedures and following established codes.
If you want advice, don’t hesitate to contact us